We often have a misconception that diabetics should say goodbye to the heavenly tastes of sweet desserts like blueberry pie. People who have been diagnosed with diabetes have the right to eat desserts. They can still consume and savor it through a sugar free recipe.
Cheese Pastry with Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces cheese (cubed)
- 3 ounces cream
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup blueberry fruit spread
- 2 packs frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Prepare oven and preheat it at 425 degrees F.
- Cut butter. Mix it with flour in a big bowl. Use knives or pastry blender. Mixed them together until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add cream cheese. Mix until it forms dough.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface. Take ½ of dough. Roll it to 11 inches circumference. Put it into a 9-inch pie plate then set aside.
- Merge cornstarch and blueberries in a separate bowl. Whisk them lightly.
- Add nutmeg and fruit spread.
- Place the cornstarch mixture into the crust. Turn the edges under.
- Slice little slits so that steam can escape when baked.
10. Bake for 10 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and egg yolk. Spread evenly onto the whole crust.
12. Reduce heat to 350 degree F.
13. Let it cool. Serve with a smile on your face.