Sweet foods like chocolates, pastries, cakes and ice cream are best eaten after every meal. The sweetness contents may bring us a heavenly feeling. Others say that sweets take away depression or any sad emotion. That is why when we are lonely our body tells us to eat something sweet. However, too much sugar is not good. It can trigger diabetes. It is also a factor to gain weight. Thus, we need to regulate our intake of it.
We do not say goodbye to all desserts because there are other foods with sugar free content. We can still enjoy it. As a matter of fact, we become healthier with this kind of diet. We can consume all of them without carrying any guilt. Sugar free desserts are sinless.
Moreover, best cure on a hot sunny weather is ice cream. But, the ones sold in the market contain high sugar content. You seldom see with low content. When you can find one, it does not fit your budget because it’s quite expensive. The good news is you can make sugar free chocolate ice cream at home.
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon plain gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups milk (low fat)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (drained and strained overnight)
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate drink (Nestle Quink)
How to make:
- Combine ½ milk and gelatin.
- In a saucepan, heat them until gelatin is dissolved.
- Transfer to another container with ice or cold water.
- Prepare blender. Mix them together.
- Add salt, vanilla, Nestle Quik and 2 cups of milk.
- Blend them together until it has smooth texture.
- Transfer to a desired ice cream container. Chill and freeze.