The reality is we cannot eat everything we want. We need to be more careful with our food intake to maintain good health and fit body. More often, the best sweet foods on Earth are bad for the health because they have very high sugar content. But, we do not have to worry anymore as there are sugar free recipes available. We can still serve chocolate fondue to our home visitors. There is not any guilt feeling because it is sugar free.
Just a little tip: it would be best to use light cream cheese instead of fat free. Products that have lessened fats are often loaded with heavy carbohydrates.
Meanwhile, here is the recipe for sugar free chocolate fondue. Different fruit slices and marshmallow as dippers make it healthier and more delicious. Also, skim milk can substitute whole milk to trim down fat content. Aside from vanilla extract, you can use other flavors like almond, strawberry, cherry, banana, apple, etc.
What do you need?
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (other flavors can also be tried to make the recipe more unique)
- ½ cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 2/3 cup of dry unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of skim milk
What are you going to do?
- Mix milk, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon in a blender. Blend them until combined.
- Pour cocoa mixture into a saucepan. Cook until boiled. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking on the pan.
- Put heat into a lower temperature and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and sugar substitute. Whisk until it becomes dissolved, smooth and fluffy.
- Place in a fondue pot.
- Place fruit slices and marshmallow in a bowl.