Pies are usually full of sugar and carbohydrates. People on a sugar free diet are deprived of this kind of dessert. Well, there is a remedy. You can now taste the goodness of Pumpkin Pie with low carbohydrates. There are good and positive feedbacks about it. Pecan crust makes the impact complete. Here is the recipe for you to bake at home. Let your family and visitors have this for breakfast or snacks.
What do you need?
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of dark molasses (This maybe present or not. It depends on your preference.)
- 1 scant teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of cream
- 2/3 cup of soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup of artificial sweetener (Vanilla will do.)
- 1 can of 15 oz pumpkin
- Pinch cloves
What are you going to do?
1. While preparing the ingredients, preheat oven at 425 Fahrenheit.
2. Mix all ingredients into a blender. Blend them until texture is fluffy and soft.
3. Pour the mixture into a circular baking pan as you turn down oven’s temperature to 375 Fahrenheit. After 15 minutes, bring down to 300 Fahrenheit.
4. Leave it for 30-40 minutes. If edges start to crack, then check it because it is probably cooked.
5. Let it cool. Serve with whip cream to add more flavor. (There are non-fat whip creams available in the market.)
Around 1 hour is needed to prepare and cook Pumpkin Pie. Allocate 10 minutes for the preparation and at most 50 minutes for baking. After that, you can enjoy the low-carb Pumpkin Pie. This is a healthier way to consume your favorite dessert.